Sunday 20 November 2011

Evaluation Of College Magazine Front Cover

Evaluation of Front Cover
Firstly we researched various magazines and identified the conventional elements which appear in all magazines. These included things such as, a mast head, a main cover star and story, puffs, bold text, smaller story information around the sides, and so on. So from this; we could sketch out a magazine which featured the conventional elements and sketches of Magazine title ideas. I then began to make my magazine on Photoshop.
I began by choosing a font which I thought suited the college magazine most and looked slightly like the sketches I did previously. I chose this font from ‘DaFont’ and then print screened it and pasted it onto my Photoshop page. I then used the wizard tool to select the text, and then selected ‘inverse’ and ‘delete’. This means the outside of the selected would then be deleted. I then used various other tools such as ‘shape’ to create shapes to go behind the text so that it would stand out over the background image etc. To change the colour of the shape I would use ‘colour overlay’. For the rest of the fonts I used the ‘text’ tool. I created the mast head by the same method of the other shapes.
If I were to do this again, I would probably try to make the magazine look more professional. I think this could be done by the magazine’s layout being filled out more as some parts look bare. Also, the background looks quite bare, so I think that could have maybe a burred image of a college building, just so the magazine looked more complete. As at first, I had used the shape tool and colour overlay to create a light grey background. However, this didn’t look right, as it made the magazine look dull, so I decided on a plainer, white background.              

No comments:

Post a Comment