Sunday 20 November 2011

Evaluation Of College Magazine Contents Page

Evaluation of Contents Page
Firstly I made a list of conventions which featured in various magazines. These are things such as: ‘contents’ as a title, a list of page numbers with little or a lot of information on what that page feature and a large image which is the main focus of that page. I then looked at the different layout and compositions which were used. This helped me to be able to plan and organise ideas for my magazines contents page.
Next, I began to make my contents page. Using Photoshop, I used tools such as: ‘Text’, ‘shape’ ‘Magnetic Lasso’ and ‘Magic Wand’. Using magic wand, I would simply click on to the tool, them selecting an area of the image that no longer needed, I would press ‘delete’ to get rid of the selected area. Although, by using the ‘magnetic lasso’ tool the same result could be reached, easier if not better. So, using this tool I basically began at one edge of the image then carried on around the edge of the head and body in the image, clicking at various points, around the edge of the image so that it is easier to get around every corner of the body. Then connecting the last point with the first point, then pressing ‘delete’ to get rid of the outer area. For the main image on the contents page, I used a bright professional camera light to brighten the image whilst I took the picture.
If I were to do this again, I would probably not change that much as overall I think it went quite well. However, I would try to complete the assignment at a faster pace, therefore having more time to change things at the end if I needed to. I would also then try to make the magazine look as professional as I could, sticking to a type of presentation, which represented the type of magazine I was making, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment